Why Most Sales Training Doesn't Work...and What You Can Do About It
Sales veterans usually feel that sales training programs have no long term effects. The training programs require the first-line manager to assume the role of coach. The first-line manager is responsible for the success of the sales team. The sales manager should be given more time to accompany his salesmen on sales calls and provide follow-up advice. The sales team's effectiveness is also affected by environmental, administrative and motivational factors. Organizations should assist and support their sales managers in their training efforts.
Publication Name: Business Marketing
Stocking all videogame cartridges boosts retailers' sales
Store owners who sell video game cartridges are finding, due to the intense competition, that they have to be creative in their marketing. Some techniques which seem to help sales are selling a wide variety of them, have in-store demonstrations, advertise widely and have a local distributor who can replenish your stock quickly.
Publication Name: Merchandising
Brazil's sales down 22% in 1999
Sales by SINDAN, Brazil's animal health product manufacturers' association, were down by 22.3% in 1999.
Publication Name: Animal Pharm
- Abstracts: The pursuit of design mindfulness. Design under the gun. Canada's comprehensive design study
- Abstracts: Reinventing trust. Angel investors and the market for angel investments. Beating interest chill
- Abstracts: The puzzle of sterling's rise. Old-fashioned smoothing that still has its place
- Abstracts: Doral mirror reaches upscale shops. Operating environment friendlier in second-half 2004. Investigating the return predictability of changes in corporate borrowing
- Abstracts: Information cultures: a review essay. Time for individuals to review withholding. DANMAP 98 questioned, FEDESA review