Asset and commodity prices with multi-attribute durable goods
The impact of durable goods' attributes on the equilibrium prices and demand functions in a pure exchange representative agent economy was investigated. Specifically, amendments of the conventional preference structure are introduced to account for durable goods' provision of service and status to owners. The results indicate that the equilibrium interest rate is dependent on the growth rate of the durable good's consumption, service and status production while the asset risk premia is characterized by a two-beta consumption CAPM model.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control
Optimal Money Holding Under Uncertainty
Optimization of monetary balances under uncertainty of payment flows is considered. The optimal money holding rule is a two-target, two-threshold inventory problem. Holding plus transfer costs must be minimized.
Publication Name: International Economic Review
A Walrasian theory of commodity money: Paradoxical results
Banergee and Maskin's model of commodity money is examined.
Publication Name: Bulletin of Economic Research
- Abstracts: Retail pricing and clearance sales: the multiple product case. The economic advantage of least squares learning in a risky asset market
- Abstracts: Auction-like mechanisms for pricing excludable public goods. Monopoly Power, Innovation and Economic Growth
- Abstracts: Information disclosure and voluntary contributions to public goods. Disaggregate wealth and aggregate consumption: an investigation of empirical relationships for the G7
- Abstracts: All sorry to disagree: a general principle for the provision of nonrival goods. Managed care as a public cost-containment mechanism
- Abstracts: Trade and economic relations with India. India sees the light. Our experience in India