Biotechnology in Turkey: a newly developing field (current status, sectoral priorities for research and applications)
Turkey has been applying biotechnology in the dairy sector and in food, beverage, vaccine and antibiotic production. Its usage for the development of microorganisms and products has only been recently introduced and the field remains largely unexplored. Turkey has been taking steps to explore the wide range of possibilities by sending postgraduate students abroad and by giving more funds for biotechnological research and development. New methods are being applied in agriculture and related fields, and in food, health, energy, industrial, and environmental sectors.
Publication Name: Middle East Executive Reports
Research in Austria
Austrian research and development (R&D) expenditures total 37 billion schillings, which represents 1.5% of the country's GDP. The Austrian Parliament currently is considering the future of R&D policy in order to position Austria as a major competitor in the high technology industry. Austrian R&D is stimulated by the country's 34% tax rate, one of the lowest in Europe.
Publication Name: Asian Review of Business and Technology
UK marks medtech milestone with stem cell "cloning" licence
The Newcastle Center for Life has acquired license from the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority, United Kingdom to create human embryonic stem cells using cell nuclear replacement. The approval is viewed as a crucial step towards developing tissue regeneration technologies to treat neurological, cardiovascular and pancreatic conditions.
Publication Name: Small Business Economic Trends
- Abstracts: Role of technology in the emergence of newly industrializing countries. Does entry size matter? The impact of the life cycle and technology on firm survival
- Abstracts: The role of takeovers in increasing efficiency. The dual role of demand deposits under asymmetric information
- Abstracts: Chain-formation in the owner-occupied housing market. The economics of dowry and brideprice. The value of secondary school quality
- Abstracts: Utility sponsored foreign economic development offices and consultants. Enhancing international business development through an international trade and investment summit
- Abstracts: Investment confidence, corporate debt and income fluctuations: a need for reformulation. Relative-income effects on subjective well-being in the cross-section