Real business cycle analysis: a needed revolution in macroeconometrics
Real business cycle (RBC) analysis is claimed to have given prominence to the basic defects of the econometric methodology of macroeconomic model-building. Macroeconomic theory needs to be taken seriously in determining the model and emphasize on the values of key structural parameters. The narrowly focused original RBC models should be considered only as prototypes.
Publication Name: Economic Journal
The Real Poll
A demonstration which started against a Philippine referendum on constitutional amendments turned into a huge protest against the Marcos regime. The amendments recreated the post of vice-president and reduced the size of constituencies for the assembly. Apathy, as much as opposition, was responsible for a low referendum turn out.
Publication Name: Economist
There's no place like home; the dismal state of Alberta real estate
Real estate values in Alberta have declined 25-60% in the last three years. At fault is the Alberta Law of Property, which allows no recompense for a mortgagor beyond return of the property. With a total of 4000 foreclosures in Alberta last year, 40% opted to return property.
Publication Name: Alberta Business
- Abstracts: Real business cycle: a critical review. India's economic policy reforms: a review. Moving average detrending and the analysis of business cycles
- Abstracts: Testing for segmentation: an establishment analysis. Comparing macroeconometric models: a review article. Diagnostic Testing in Missing Data Models
- Abstracts: The 'Lucas critique': a generalisation. The Global Distribution of Trademarks: Some Stylised Facts. Development and Distribution: A Critique of the Cross-Country U Hypothesis
- Abstracts: Technological development and cooperation in Greater China. El arte de vender Donuts en China The China Syndrome
- Abstracts: Cheap talk and reputation in repeated pretrial negotiation. Avoiding invalid instruments and coping with weak instruments