Redistribution as a selection device
It is widely held that redistributing wealth from rich to poor will serve to reduce an economy. This paper examines the role that such distribution would have on entrepreneurs' market selection when those agents differ in talent.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Theory
New product introduction with costly search
The impact of high advertising costs on the sale of a new product that has been introduced in the market is discussed.
Publication Name: Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control
- Abstracts: Incentives in organizations. An introduction to vote-counting schemes. An introduction to applicable game theory
- Abstracts: Estimating demand elasticities in a differentiated product industry: the personal computer market. Intertack wagering and the demand for parimutuel horse racing
- Abstracts: Italy. Money and inventories in an economy with uncertain and sequential trade. The long-run stability of the demand for money: Italy 1861-1996
- Abstracts: 'Bread and a pennyworth of treacle': excess female mortality in England in the 1840s. Taxation and Excess Burden: A Life Cycle Perspective
- Abstracts: International macroeconomic interdependence, currency substitution, and price stickiness. Price Adjustments with Stochastic Inflation