Taste memory: in the life examined, there is always food for thought
Many writers weave food and eating into their biographical works. Literary references to food are citied from the works of such as Edith Wharton, Kate Simon, and Simone de Beauvoir. Recipes offered include herb soup, fava beans with yogurt, codfish cakes, and chicken jelly with poached chicken.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
A historian's task in time
Some of the books steered the author towards history. Various historical books like Hendrik Van Loon's 'History of Man', H.G. Wells's 'History', and Loren Eiseley's 'The Immense Journey' on the rise of the angiosperms and its influence on the author is discussed.
Publication Name: Current
Time Out for Orlov
Soviet dissident Yuri Orlov will be released from a Soviet labor camp in February 1984. He will be remanded to internal exile. His health has suffered, but his stand on human rights remains firm. The Soviets are still cracking down on dissidents.
Publication Name: Economist
- Abstracts: An industry for the future. Fishnet fashions
- Abstracts: Laying the tourist trail. Grinding to a Halt
- Abstracts: War Over - Official. The place to be on the Fourth
- Abstracts: The world ex ante risk premium: an empirical investigation. No-Nonsense Planning for Administrators
- Abstracts: Plonski. Stunted growth and stepwise die-off in animal cohorts