Excerpts from mystery and crime novels by 27 great writers including Dostoevsky and Paul Auster are presented. The sources are identified in a key elsewhere in the publication. Editor Peggy Roalf points out that Eric Ambler, a master in the crime genre, says that mystery and crime novels are like explorations into the fairy tale, a frightening, often perverse place. The best and most cold-blooded of the thrillers bring out a feeling of familiarity in the reader.
Publication Name: Aperture
Subject: Arts, visual and performing
Passing the torch; a plan for management transition
Planning for succession in a corporation is important for the success of the transition, both for the firm and for the retiree-owner. Projections about the firm's growth and development, positive retirement plans, open discussion with family about the estate plan and an impartial outside review of the final package are all necessary segments of the total plan.
Publication Name: Food Service Marketing
Subject: Travel industry
Privacy and law: safeguarding civility
Privacy laws do not only benefit the individual, but also society. Respect for the individual is essential to the life of the community.
Publication Name: Current
- Abstracts: Arcane and disabling. Starzl, Thomas E
- Abstracts: Cradle of legislation. Is the FBI forensics laboratory too secretive?
- Abstracts: Stalin's greatest secret. "Al." (cartoonist)
- Abstracts: An ethics of reasoning. Jooss' 'The Green Table': musical forms and devices as choreographic tools
- Abstracts: Bourgeois virtues? Decreased sensitivity of artesunate and chloroquine of Plasmodium falciparum infecting hemoglobin H and or hemoglobin constant spring erythrocyctes