Recruit for retention
Ways of recruiting the best possible individuals as well as retaining them are discussed. It is suggested that the hiring process must become part of the employee retention strategy, which could be achieved by recruiting the best for specific jobs and ensuring that they fit into the company's culture.
Publication Name: Chemical Engineering Progress
Subject: Engineering and manufacturing industries
More Voters, More Money
Proposals in a current British White Paper would allow expatriates to vote. Currently, temporary absentees cannot vote at all. A more controversial issue is the raise in candidate's deposits.
Publication Name: Economist
A few more hypotheses for the evolution of dioecy in figs (Ficus, Moraceae)
A few hypotheses for the evolution of dioecy in figs are proposed. Monoecious and dioecious figs are associated with divergent suites of characters.
Publication Name: Oikos
Subject: Environmental issues
- Abstracts: International ecotourism and the valuation of tropical rainforests in Costa Rica. Trampling resistance of tropical rainforest soils and vegetation in the wet tropics of north east Australia
- Abstracts: The ammonium hypothesis: arginine content and the "red" decline or "top dying" of Norway spruce. Time ticks on and on
- Abstracts: Defining the components of fairness in the allocation of water to environmental and human uses. In the market for a better world
- Abstracts: Japan pulls in the net. Architectural modular
- Abstracts: Return to Amchitka. Eight-week rule on the way out