Delivering calm in crisis times
Increasing concern about violence in the workplace, as depicted in newspaper accounts of tragedies at business offices and schools across the US, has given birth to businesses that offer on-site crisis counseling. These firms include security sevices firm Pinkerton's in Westlake Village, CA, and violence prevention company Crisis Prevention Institute of Brookfield, WI. These firms offer their experise in handling situations that may impact on the reputations of their clients.
Publication Name: Security
Human capital: AGA takes a stand on government's human capital crisis
The expected retirements and resignations of employees in the US government's financial management industry by 2010 and poor perceptions of government jobs, is likely to lead to a human capital crisis in the industry. The Association of Government Accounts (AGA), to tackle this crisis, recommends education of college students about careers in the government financial industry, by offering pilot partnerships with universities and giving relevant information on its website.
Publication Name: The Journal of Government Financial Management
Insuring consumption and happiness through religious organizations
The impact of people's involvement in religious activities on their expenditure and happiness is discussed.
Publication Name: The Journal of Public Economics
- Abstracts: Next steps in addressing the federal government's high risk human capital issues
- Abstracts: Opposition in Asian constitutional systems: characteristics and potential for democratic consolidation. Politics and morality in the thought of Karl Popper
- Abstracts: Redevelopment decisions for commercial and industrial properties. The structure of urban land prices
- Abstracts: The making of a president: the European Parliament and the confirmation of Jacques Santer as President of the Commission
- Abstracts: Some tests of the incentive effects of the research and experimentation tax credit. The macroeconomics of early retirement