6 smart ways to deal with your doctor
Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz, US' two top M.D.s give tips in their new book 'You: The Smart Patient', on how to get the care women deserve from the doctor. Some of the guidelines include looking for a good doctor, making the first appointment of the day, asking questions when the doctor gives prescription, taking down notes and taking a second opinion.
Publication Name: Glamour
Adaptive treatment strategies in chronic disease
The article explains concept and development of the adaptive treatment strategy (ATS) for the treatment of chronic disease in humans. The findings prove that any treatment action to be taken in the later stages of the disease highly depends on the initial treatment decisions.
Publication Name: Annual Review of Medicine
Patient-driven computers in primary care: their use and feasibility
Evaluation of usability of hand-held computers for patient screening and delivery of health care services is presented.
Publication Name: Health Education
- Abstracts: Paying attention to children with hyperactivity disorder. Are patients paying the price? Home oxygen services in chaos
- Abstracts: School nurses key to health plans. President to boost pride in nursing. Specialist nurses vital to London NHS strategy
- Abstracts: Children have a right to protection from preventable diseases. Sepsis may well prove to be our undoing
- Abstracts: Use of study days to develop the healthcare assistant role. Can a new pension scheme prevent staff shortages? Nurses await impact of new DH team
- Abstracts: Rapid response teams - Walk, don't run. Geriatric care management for low-income seniors. Better care for older people with chronic diseases