When worry overwhelms
There are many types of anxiety disorders, including obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, and phobia. It is not known exactly what causes these disorders, but there is evidence that there are genetic and physiological factors as well as environmental ones. Anxiety disorders can be difficult to diagnose, but the success rate in treatment ranges from 70%-90%.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
Anxiety caused by finances, loss or isolation can affect health. Health risks can be minimized by getting enough rest, exercise and nutrients. Becoming involved with others and accepting reality can decrease worry.
Publication Name: Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
Issues concerning the diagnosis, causes and treatment of anxiety are presented. The effectiveness of antidepressants and antianxiety drugs on different forms of anxiety are discussed.
Publication Name: Mayo Clinic Health Letter
- Abstracts: Liverpool's health at work strategy. Learning the ropes. Don't forget maintenance when doing risk assessment
- Abstracts: Backhand compliment. The way we wore. Unbridled passion
- Abstracts: Betrayal of trust. Time travel
- Abstracts: Ancient-modern concordance in ayurvedic plants: some examples. Regression analysis of time trends in perinatal mortality in Germany, 1980-1993
- Abstracts: A world-class program. Have virus, will travel