Back care: Overcoming pain and staying active
Back pain is very common in every adult and the exact cause of it is not known but in majority of people it is due to significant damage to the spine and mostly goes away in a few weeks though reoccurrence are common. Treating and preventing back pain involves exercising and maintaining a good posture, home remedies are listed along with medical treatments and even surgical methods as a last resort in case of severe back pain are mentioned.
Publication Name: Mayo Clinic Health Letter
Fighting back pain
Protecting the back is the best way to avoid injury to it. Lifting from the knees, sleeping on a firm mattress, having proper back support and avoiding sitting for too long are the basic preventative measures. Stopping smoking, staying fit and losing weight also help.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
Comfort contours & contraptions: devices to ease the pain and save your back
Numerous products designed to minimize back strains are available in the market. The products range from shovel and rake handles to footrests. Some interesting back care tools are described.
Publication Name: Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
- Abstracts: Is gastric carcinoma an infectious disease? The use of molecular methods in infectious diseases. Correlation of expression of H/Ley/Leb antigens with survival in patients with carcinoma of the lung
- Abstracts: Ascorbate requirement for hydroxylation and secretion of procollagen: relationship to inhibition of collagen synthesis in scurvy
- Abstracts: Babies need their mothers beside them! Vaccinations: mothers require motivation. Fresh hope for Paraguayan mothers: illegal abortion is a major problem in Paraguay, where abortion is illegal in all circumstances, even to save the life of the mother
- Abstracts: Osteomyelitis in an intravenous drug abuser. A place to grieve
- Abstracts: Profiles make perfect practice. Program for practice. Computing in practice: informed choice