There are 20,000 dystonia sufferers in the United Kingdom but the condition is highly difficult to diagnose. Dystonia refers to the abnormal and involuntary movements associated with a number of neurological disorders. Treatments include an operation on the neck nerves, botulinum toxin injections and drug therapy. Some people suffer with the symptoms of dystonia for around 30 years prior to diagnosis. A case study is presented.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
Identifying the precursors of Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells in Hodgkin's disease: role of the germinal center in B-cell lymphomagenesis
The author discusses, in a highly technical paper, the early pre-diagnosed precursive development of Hodgkin's disease. He focuses on the development of Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg Cells (HRS), their precursors, and the process of mutation leading to disease.
Publication Name: Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes (1999)
- Abstracts: PCR analysis of HIV-seronegative, heterosexual partners of HIV-infected individuals. A vaccinia-gp160-based vaccine but not a gp160 protein vaccine elicits anti-gp160 cytotoxic T lymphocytes in some HIV-1 seronegative vaccinees
- Abstracts: Persistent lack of detectable HIV-1 antibody in a person with HIV infection - Utah, 1995. Absence of true seroreversion of HIV-1 antibody in seroreactive individuals
- Abstracts: Application of caring theory in primary care: a challenge for advanced practice. Professional practice leader: a transformational role that addresses human diversity
- Abstracts: Zoonotic potential of giardiasis in domestic ruminants. The Cycle of Violence: Revisited 6 Years Later
- Abstracts: The prevention of the maternal manifestations of preeclampsia by intensive antihypertensive treatment. Altered skin integrity in children admitted to a pediatric intensive care unit