Finding the flaw
Nurses in primary health care have the opportunity to advise on the prevention of post-natal incontinence. Midwives and health visitors can identify early symptoms of incontinence during the immediate post-natal period, school nurses can educate children, and nurses in family planning and well-woman clinics can offer advice and instruction to their clients. Nurses may feel confident to deal with incontinence problems themselves, or may refer clients to specialist continence services.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
Runt domains take the lead in hematopoiesis and osteogenesis
Gene mutations in the Runt domain lead to leukemia, bone abnormalities and platelet disorders. This indicates that the DNA-binding proteins coded by the Runt domain are transcription factors involved in hematopoiesis and osteogenesis.
Publication Name: Nature Medicine
- Abstracts: Apoptosis in the heart. Blunt trauma to the heart and great vessels. Valvular heart disease
- Abstracts: Funding the act. Men: the hidden crisis
- Abstracts: Family under stress. The Japanese Tea Ceremony and stress management
- Abstracts: Living with renal failure. Thoughts in recovery
- Abstracts: A quiche is still a quiche; it may be lower in fat and have fewer calories, but it's still that lovable, gooey wedge. part 2