Full of beans
Genetically engineered soya beans are about to be used in processed foods but the British consumer will not be able to identify which foods use genetically modified beans because the labels will not make this clear. The food industry and the government claim that genetically modified foods (GMFs) are safe, yet 30 people died in the US after eating a genetically modified food supplement. Genetic engineering of foodstuffs is not controlled or researched adequately and we risk new viruses or bacteria developing. Many more GMFs are likely to be introduced.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
Managed care: cost vs. quality
Managers traditionally burdened with the choice of sacrificing managed care quality over cost and vice versa can circumvent such dilemmas through the use of occupational medical specialist networks. Such networks are well versed in matters pertaining to worker injuries and are competent in handling the necessary details of compensation systems. Managers can better handle employee accidents by implementing employee safety programs which prevent costly incidents in the future.
Publication Name: Safety & Health
- Abstracts: The use of the GnRH analogue buserelin for IVF - does it improve fertility? Exercise on prescription: does it work?
- Abstracts: Champions of breakfast. More than a gray area. Breakfast at the inn
- Abstracts: Life threatening 'epilepsy'. Tiagabine for epilepsy. Topiramate for epilepsy
- Abstracts: Single case research in mental health. Mental health care in Sweden. Single-parent families: a unique challenge
- Abstracts: Finding the flaw. Runt domains take the lead in hematopoiesis and osteogenesis