Human nutrition and its discontents: a personal view
The need for new and specific animal models for nutritional discovery is discussed. McCollum's Algorithm for nutritional discovery is capable of detecting vitamins and vitamin-like compounds using suitable animal genotypes. Human population trials have failed to show the effects of beta carotene because of their inability to follow the algorithm. Nutritional discoveries have shown that animal genotypes play an important role in the identification of animal nutritional dependencies.
Publication Name: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine
OH world view. (World Health Organization)
120 million accidents occur at work each year throughout the world according to the World Health Organization, causing death and diseases. 40-50% of the population is exposed to work risks and around 100,000 chemical substances, 200 biological factors, 20 ergonomic factors and 50 physical factors have been identified as occupational risks.
Publication Name: Occupational Safety & Health
- Abstracts: The nurse executive in the 21st century: how do we prepare? Informatics nurse specialist: roles in health care organizations
- Abstracts: HTLV-I transgenic models: an overview. An overview of acne vulgaris. Underpad overview
- Abstracts: Determining the effectiveness of critical pathways for coronary artery bypass graft patients: retrospective comparison of readmission rates
- Abstracts: Luck of the draw? Comparative hazards of chrysotile asbestos and its substitutes: a European perspective. Mammography: a woman's perspective
- Abstracts: The fight against doping. Women's independence: 12 battles we've won, 6 more we must fight. Pick your fight