Improve your environment through communication and charge
Interpersonal problems and lack of continuity at one of the ten best hospitals in America made it difficult to establish a culture where effective communication, teamwork or collaboration could grow. An overview of some of the successful strategies is presented that can serve as a framework for changing the destructive atmosphere and avoid medical errors, hospital-acquired infections and other complications.
Publication Name: Nursing Management
Foundation trusts need nurse leaders
A nurse at executive board level would help to ensure that an organization remains focused on its primary purpose by providing a valuable link between the board of governors and the executive board. The contribution that an effective nurse leader can make in ensuring the corporate and professional agendas is identified.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
- Abstracts: Engaging patients in their care. A step change for nurse leaders. Patient assessment: part 1 - calculation of body mass index
- Abstracts: The treatment of patients with TB and the role of the nurse
- Abstracts: Universal screening for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus at hospital admission and nosocomial infection in surgical patients
- Abstracts: Aprotinin during coronary-artery bypass grafting and risk of death. The effect of Aprotinin on outcome after coronary-artery bypass grafting
- Abstracts: Nutrition knowledge and attitudes of New Zealand registered midwives. Complaints to NMC continue to drop