Moving more closely to acid-base relationships in the body as a whole
Buffering in metabolic acidosis in tissues other than blood depends more on changes in extracellular bicarbonate than on changes in extracellular pH. A change in the concentration of extracellular bicarbonate is, therefore, the primary measure of metabolic disorder, and such an approach makes diagnosis easier. The notion that reduction in CO2 leads to acid loss is incorrect, because the loss is unrelated to alkalosis. The loss of bound hydrogen ions does not cause alkalosis.
Publication Name: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine
Moving beyond black and white
It may not be possible to recruit more minorities to become doctors, but doctors can recruit patients from different ethnic groups to help educate medical students. In this way, both doctor and patient can be comfortable in a clinical setting regardless of which ethnic group they belong to and whether doctor and patient are the same race.
Publication Name: Annals of Internal Medicine
Promoting the health and wellbeing of young Black men using community-based drama
A study involving young Black men group and examining the role of theatre and drama in promoting emotional and social well-being of these people in South London, is presented.
Publication Name: Health Education
- Abstracts: Does weight affect relationships? East of the border. When it come to Weight Watchers leaders, Indianapolis knows Betty Mattei-Cavanagh is tops
- Abstracts: Anorexics sentenced to death. Heather does heroin. Life, death and thinner thighs
- Abstracts: Some aspects of first sexual relationships in females with special reference to those aged under 16. Bioterrorism and catastrophe response: a quick-reference guide to resources
- Abstracts: On pejorative labeling of cocaine exposed children. Prognostic Significance and Course of Retinopathy in Children with Severe Malaria
- Abstracts: US to make research marijuana more accessible. Pathologic Quiz Case: Fine-Needle Aspiration of Lytic Bone Lesions in a 63-Year-Old Woman