Phototherapy for neonatal jaundice
A case study of an infant with jaundice along with the diagnosis, care, treatment and management of the problem is discussed. The benefits of using a therapeutic line of treatment with phototherapy are suggested.
Publication Name: The New England Journal of Medicine
A physician in the internal medicine program from Hennepin County Medical center in Minneapolis shares his story and experiences about long work hours and memorable patients.
Publication Name: JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association
Mycotoxins: of molds & maladies
The author presents research regarding the health aspects of mycotoxins, which produce molds in food crops, and government attempts at controlling them.
Publication Name: Environmental Health Perspectives
- Abstracts: Dental therapeutic indications for the newer long-acting macrolide antibiotics. Performance of high-speed dental handpieces subjected to simulated clinical use and sterilization
- Abstracts: Therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma: recent advances and experimental approaches. The evolving cost of HIV in South Africa changes in health care cost with duration on antiretroviral therapy for public sector patients
- Abstracts: Talking trash: the economic and environmental issues of landfills. Environmental impacts of Hurricane Mitch
- Abstracts: AAVant-garde gene therapy. Acromegaly
- Abstracts: Emergency planning and the acute toxic potency of inhaled ammonia. Effects of electromagnetic fields on photophasic circulating melatonin levels in American kestrels