Pushing ahead, managing change
The most significant challenges in public health, changing demographic patterns, health disparities and new disease threats are considered. The number of factor like versatility and flexibility, health disparities and technology are reflected when talked about the external challenges of demographics, disease management, and access to care.
Publication Name: The Nation's Health
SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT: AN EPISODE IN THE LIFE OF SIR WILLIAM WITHEY GULL
The article describes the generosity of 19th-century physician Sir William Withey Gull. Gull investigated hypothyroidism and established a reputation as a brilliant physician who often had little patience with the incompetent, but he could also be generous to younger colleagues.
Publication Name: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine
A medical menu
A humorous pun on words on nutrition disorders using medical terminology is presented.
Publication Name: European Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Abstracts: Philosophy of psychopharmacology. THE SELF OF PHILOSOPHY AND THE SELF OF IMMUNOLOGY. The philosophy of psychopathy
- Abstracts: Problems in reasoning and learning about error. THE ELUSIVE IMMUNE SELF: A CASE OF CATEGORY ERRORS. Errors in getting and interpreting evidence
- Abstracts: Assisted reproduction and its implications for paediatrics. STRANGE TALES OF SMALL MEN: HOMUNCULI IN REPRODUCTION
- Abstracts: THE UNFOLDING OF AN AUDITORY ILLUSION. Rosacea. Watson's 'sun and sex' lecture upsets audience
- Abstracts: Adjusting and censoring electronic monitoring device data: Implications for study outcomes. Preliminary data of a prospective study on neuropsychiatric side effects after initiation of efavirenz