Shape up with the small screen: you can turn your living room into a home gym with three pirces of equipment: a TV set, a VCR, and an exercise video; our experts show you how
Physical fitness activity does not have to be limited to a gym or group activity. It is easy to arrange space in a living room and follow routines on an exercise video. It is important to determine if it is medically safe to engage in physical fitness and then to start at the proper level of skill. It is equally important to wear the right clothes and shoes and to insure that the floor will not contribute to any slipping or falling.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
Room for 2
Patricia Dalton, a clinical psychologist and family therapist in Washington, D.C., reveals that siblings sharing a room feel a sense of security from another's presence and thus feel comfortable at bedtime. Children who share a room learn a lot about give-and-take, learn to negotiate, and thus build up a strong bond between them.
Publication Name: Child
How to cool a room
Those without an air conditioner on a hot night should try to sleep in a room that faces north. A swamp cooler can be made by hanging a wet towel over a box fan. Those planning on buying an air conditioner should not try to find a cheap one.
Publication Name: Men's Health
- Abstracts: Topical microbicides: current status and research considerations for adolescent girls. The value of workplace versus income in determining HIV status and other STDs among a sample of Spanish sex workers
- Abstracts: A hypothetical explanation for the aging of skin. Chronologic alteration of the three-dimensional arrangement of collagen and elastic fibers in connective tissue
- Abstracts: Neuroendocrine design of the gut. Loft living in the desert: Above Phoenix, a dynamic design engages its mountainside site and sweeping views
- Abstracts: Writing and presenting a research report. Health-related effects of creative and expressive writing. Co-winner of the 1991 Dwight J. Ingle Memorial Writing Award
- Abstracts: Weight of evidence. Further evidence that the WT1 gene does not have a role in the development of the derivatives of the mullerian duct