The Heartbeat Award for caterers: experiences of health professionals involved
The UK's Health Education Authority (HEA) launched the Heartbeat Award Project for caterers in Apr 1990 as part of its Look After Your Heart scheme. Caterers qualified for an award if they met certain conditions, including providing at least one third of the menu with healthy food choices. Recent research has focused on the experiences of the health professionals involved in monitoring the scheme. It was found that the scheme has an important role in local health promotion, but there was concern about its effectiveness in reaching target groups.
Publication Name: Health Education Journal
The art of being single
Women living single can create life styles that enhance their lives and nurture self-improvement. There are many reasons why women are single. No stigma is attached and icons from literature and the celebrity world abound. Several women describe their self-reclamation on entering the single life.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
- Abstracts: Bone mass, bone loss, and osteoporosis prophylaxis. Health professionals and the sex education of adolescents
- Abstracts: Therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma: recent advances and experimental approaches. The evolving cost of HIV in South Africa changes in health care cost with duration on antiretroviral therapy for public sector patients
- Abstracts: The left paratracheal reflection. Who cares: a reflection on healing communities. Tracheal carinal angle and left atrial size
- Abstracts: The three faces of welfare: public opinion and the debate over reform
- Abstracts: Low-carolie sweeteners: just 'sweet nothings'? Lilies of the spring. Spring: just beautiful