The human touch
Cancer is a complex and challenging disease attacked on many research fronts, but one needs to be aware that there is a human side to dealing with cancer too. It is important that basic cancer research findings should be directly translated into information for patients and the arrival of internet has greatly assisted this process due to which websites such as National Cancer Institute in the United States are consulted by thousands of patients and their family members each day.
Publication Name: Nature Medicine
Stem cell marker identified in head, neck cancer
The tumor expressing CD44 marker that has been detected recently in head and neck stem cells by the United States researchers is believed to provide a clue as to which cells can cause cancer and which cannot.
Publication Name: Journal of the American Dental Association
- Abstracts: There are lessons to be learnt in the aftermath of a scandal
- Abstracts: Thromboxane mediates neutrophil superoxide production in pregnancy. Neutrophils from pregnant women produce thromboxane and tumor necrosis factor-alpha response to linoleic and oxidative stress
- Abstracts: When law and ethics collide - Why physicians participate in executions. part 2 Overbilling vs. down coding - The battle between physicians and insurers
- Abstracts: Managing acute and chronic pain in sickle cell disease. Identifying the characteristics of children with pressure ulcers
- Abstracts: Case-control study of Diabetes mellitus in HIV-infected patients. Herpes zosterin women with and at risk for HIV: Data from the women's interagency HIV study