Watch out for those handy home appliances
Tips on safely using home appliances are given. The appliances covered are cooking ranges and ovens, irons, can openers, food processors, washers, general-purpose dryers and blow dryers. These equipment are handy and easy to use but carelessness can result in serious burns, cuts and fatal accidents such as electrocution. Among the basic tips given are: do not hurriedly yank open a refrigerator's door and do not use electrical appliances in areas where there is water.
Publication Name: Safety & Health
New technological approaches
The relative expense of medical innovations requires that healthcare systems in developing countries select technologies that will benefit the greatest number of citizens. Basic radiological services and oral rehydration therapy are primary areas of concern for many developing nations.
Publication Name: World Health
Technological solution for those who sit
Extended periods of sitting can cause a host of back and posture-related problems. To solve this problem, Sundance Fitness has introduced a seat cushion that makes it possible to distribute bodyweight over the widest possible area, thereby eliminating most sitting discomforts.
Publication Name: Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
- Abstracts: Therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma: recent advances and experimental approaches. The evolving cost of HIV in South Africa changes in health care cost with duration on antiretroviral therapy for public sector patients
- Abstracts: What's new about practice management systems. Why rural practice? Health in practice
- Abstracts: Health care reform in the OECD countries. Envelopes. Prostheses and orthoses in developing countries
- Abstracts: Public health response for the 1996 Olympic Games. Media advocacy for public health
- Abstracts: Desperate for sleep. The sleep-wake switch: a neuronal alarm clock. Does our DNA determine when we sleep?