DSS: Planning in the Fourth Dimension
EXPRESS, an advanced computer language, used as a result of a decision support system (DSS) by Nationwide Insurance Company is a valuable tool for non-computer oriented managers. The Financial Evaluation Model (FEM) assists with financial analysis of strategic decisions. Computers cannot replace sound business management but their valuable analytic capabilities are necessary for sound planning. Resistance to the inclusion of computers in the decision making process can be overcome through training and communication with an emphasis on taking advantage of the system. Regional staff are also encouraged to use the system to assist them with marketing and also to keep in touch with company goals and planning objectives.
Publication Name: Best's Review Property-Casualty Insurance Edition
Product-Driven Structural Change
The effect of financial services on the insurance industry is significant. Structural changes will have to be made. Most companies are not well prepared for change. The full benefits of technology have not been realized. Strategy is important. Guidelines for insurers are outlined.
Publication Name: Best's Review Life-Health Insurance Edition
The Nordic Countries Look Into Fraud Jointly
On a joint basis, the Nordic countries have taken the opportunity to look into insurance fraud.
Publication Name: International Insurance Monitor
- Abstracts: Look a gift horse in the mouth. Do the right thing. Maximize charitable gift benefits: the IRS plans to clarify when small businesses can give S-corporation stock to charities
- Abstracts: Cures for the common defect: new corrective procedures for qualified plans. British Gas payments to directors rise 47%
- Abstracts: Cures for the common defect: new corrective procedures for qualified plans. part 2 New tools for evaluating fees and expenses in selecting section 401 (k) plans service providers
- Abstracts: Facilitating stock ownership through company-sponsored stock option loans. Outsourced equity plan administration: keys to successful vendor implementation and management
- Abstracts: Improving delivery of STD prevention and control services: recommendations for purchasers of health care benefits