Interbank settlement in wire transfers - legal aspects
Legal issues relating to bank settlement of wire transfers are examined. Laws governing the time at which the settlement become final and the risk undertaken by the banks are considered. Uniform Commercial Code Article 4A and international rules are examined.
Publication Name: Uniform Commercial Code Law Journal
Disability trusts that allow a client to qualify for Medicaid
Disability trusts can be used to qualify an individual for Medicaid benefits. The method and applicable case law are reviewed.
Publication Name: Estate Planning
- Abstracts: Grandparents' visitation rights are not ironclad; protracted legal battles over grandparent visitation are unlikely to produce the sort of benefits that children of divorce need
- Abstracts: Plan loan note can be transferred as part of a direct rollover without adverse tax consequences to plan participants
- Abstracts: How banks rate loans to firms; lender's view. The start-up nest egg: what a lawyer needs to open a new practice
- Abstracts: The Coasean firm in law and economics. Limited liability unlimited. Choosing law by contract
- Abstracts: Positive discipline and labor arbitration. Immunity vs. liability in arbitral adjudication. AIDS in the workplace: judicial and arbitral responses