Plain talk about on-line investing
The author, who is the Chairman of the SEC, discusses issues concerning on-line investments in securities including increased investor responsibility, continued brokerage responsibility, and SEC concerns and initiatives.
Publication Name: Administrative Law Review
Long gone wind
The injunction enjoining publication of "The Wind Done Gone," the Alice Randall novel parodying the more famous "Gone with the Wind," is discussed.
Publication Name: Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society
A plain English handbook: how to create clear SEC disclosure documents
The text of a handbook on how to create documents for securities disclosure in compliance with the SEC is presented.
Publication Name: Annual Institute on Securities Regulation
- Abstracts: Campaign finance just gets messier. Money and politics. Prohibitions on campaign contributions from foreign sources: questioning their justification in a global interdependent economy
- Abstracts: Can ethics guidelines succeed? IRS issues long-term care guidelines. Economics, law and business ethics: some reflections
- Abstracts: Financing infrastructure investment by taxing foreign corporations. Cross-border tax issues of collective investment institutions and the Italian approach
- Abstracts: Procedural injury standing after Lujan v Defenders of Wildlife. Expanding the zone, tilting the field: zone of interests and Article III standing analysis after Bennett v. Spear
- Abstracts: The right to treatment for involuntarily committed sex offenders. IRS releases list of no ruling areas