The ethics of the complete management buyout cycle: a multi-perspective analysis
The two phases of the management buyout (MBO) cycle were analyzed in terms of ethical implications. The two phases of an MBO refer to its reversion to private status after a publicly held firm has been bought and second, its transition from privately-owned firm to public company. Previous studies of MBO frequently analyzed only the first phase, but hardly viewed the cycle as a whole. Managers are advised to consider MBOs' entire business cycle from multiple perspectives to ensure that broad ethical issues and the options available are thoroughly understood.
Publication Name: Journal of Business Ethics
Beauty and the beast: animal abuse from a non-speciesist criminological perspective
Animal abuse from a generalized perspective is discussed. Publications dealing with the link between animal abuse, child abuse and domestic violence are reviewed, with the focus on selectivity in defining animal abuse, and the one-sided attention of criminologists to individual instances of cruelty to animals, neglecting institutionalized instances.
Publication Name: Crime, Law and Social Change
Belly of the beast: civil servants get the job done
Civil servant are instrumental in criticizing and doing what is best for the community and the society. They are on the look out for some environmental disasters and problems to ensure the well-being of the people. However, the downsizing that is sweeping government agencies poses a threat to the satisfactory delivery of civil services.
Publication Name: Regulation
- Abstracts: The demise of the Chaplinsky fighting words doctrine: an argument for its interment. The doctrine of equivalents: where it is now, what it is
- Abstracts: The proliferation of disputes, dispute settlement procedures and respect for the rule of law. Understanding the tobacco settlement: the state as partisan plaintiff
- Abstracts: The politics of infrastructure. The myth of context in politics and law. The politics of British policing in the Thatcher/Major state
- Abstracts: Are businesses forced to keep bad company? Academic tenure isn't just a matter of money
- Abstracts: Stalking: a review of the literature and direction for the future. The stadium gambit and local economic development