Prominent reporter of the Wall Street Journal, Tony Horwitz, undertook an undercover reporting assignment to gain firsthand information on the working conditions for laborers in poultry plants in Missouri. He has indicated the utility of undercover journalism in assessing issues such as civil and labor rights in the nation's industries by working out the ethical issues in this form of reporting and being as truthful as possible in his assumed role.
Publication Name: The IRE Journal
The strange redemption of sister Mary Ann
Mary Ann describes her life's experiences that led her to the Convent of Our Sorrowful Mother in New Mexico after her husband Bill's death, where she signed herself into the cloister and its ancient rule and became Sister Mary Ann. She could not give birth and hence she and Bill had decided to opt for artificial insemination due to which she gave birth to four babies.
Publication Name: Analog Science Fiction & Fact
Working for Tarkovsky
A writer describes his grueling experiences of writing the scripts for the film Stalker, directed by Andrei Tarkovsky. He suggests that working on the 'Stalker' script was extremely difficult and the director mercilessly suppressed all his modest attempts at creative mutiny.
Publication Name: Science Fiction Studies
- Abstracts: Court permits closure challenge to continue after trial ends. Judge was wrong to deny media access in King trial
- Abstracts: Predestination and the heresy of merit in 'Othello.' The hybrid reformation of Shakespeare's second Henriad. Felt absences: the stage properties of 'Othello's' handkerchief
- Abstracts: Working up to space solar power. The view from space: Satellites predict a lot more than weather. Fictional space versus the real world
- Abstracts: Underreporting. Fire response. Back taxes: Delinquent property tax bills serve as cheap business loans
- Abstracts: A sci-fi case history. 'In the Cage' and the queer effects of gay history. A brief history of hair