Indoor pollution: the horsemen cometh
Property owners and employers should be aware of current laws on indoor pollution to litigation under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970. Sources of indoor pollution include heating and ventilation systems, noxious fumes from adhesives, cigarette smoke and volatile organic compounds from paints and coatings on furniture. Employers have been given the responsibility of monitoring, reducing and remodeling workplaces to reduce the incidence of indoor pollution.
Publication Name: Real Estate Finance Journal
Subject: Real estate industry
Old and new in Kyushu
Kyushu, an island in the south of Japan, has not been as badly affected as the rest of Japan by the country's economic slump. It accounts for around 12% of Japan's GDP, and its economy is as large as those of Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand together. It attracts many tourists, and the availability of cheap land and labour has allowed it to attract many leading companies. There has been particularly strong growth in Fukuoka, the island's largest city.
Publication Name: The Economist (UK)
Subject: Business, international
Don't cry for me, Argentina
The standard for beauty in Argentina is different from most of its South American neighbors. Argentinians regard themselves as Europeans and prefer to look much like the Europeans. Most women in Argentina take great efforts to look thin, have blonde hair and fabulous tanned bodies.
Publication Name: Vogue
Subject: Fashion and beauty
- Abstracts: When pollution leads to prosecution. Dutch get down to earth. Clarifying contamination
- Abstracts: Inside tips for getting the most from environmental assessment reports. Negotiating workout agreements in anticipation of bankruptcy: casting in muddy waters
- Abstracts: Openings on the Preston front. Scientific discourse, in public
- Abstracts: Secondary legislation: definitions. Gender segregation and gender bias in manufacturing trade expansion: revisiting the "Wood asymmetry"
- Abstracts: Dynamic distributors deliver the goods. Jury rig solutions