Body aging? You don't have to give in!
Physical activity can help older people delay or even reverse the aging process. Resistance training, aerobic exercise, stretching and weight-bearing exercise programs can all help people 50 years old and up arrest the physical declines brought about by biology or disuse.
Publication Name: New Choices for Retirement Living
How to manage your moods
Several researches have found that individuals who let negative emotions run their lives have weaker immune systems. Hence, learning to control one's mood is one way towards good health. Ways to manage negative emotions are presented.
Publication Name: New Choices: Living Even Better After 50
Lighten up; new insights into mind/body medicine are convincing even scientific skeptics that too much stress can affect your physical well-being
Research is indicating that psychological stress can have a adverse effect on physical health. Stress cannot be completely eliminated, but there are steps that can be taken that may reduce its impact.
Publication Name: New Choices: The Magazine for Your Health, Money & Travel
- Abstracts: The pluses of going it alone. Do the thing you fear most
- Abstracts: Emotional upsets? Suffer no more! How therapy can find answers to your problems. Why you must get your story out
- Abstracts: Remodeling your empty nest; you're not losing a child - you're gaining a room. Here's how to make the most of it
- Abstracts: Thanksgiving to go: easy dishes to ship or bring with you. Savory soups, hot and cold. Simply super soups
- Abstracts: You can prevent arthritis. How you can choose foods that help fight disease. 10 steps to a mightier memory