Genetic and environmental influences on functional age: a twin study
Studies on the variations of functional aging with genetic factors and nature of surrounding with the aid of statistical and behavior genetic analyses suggest the influence of these factors on aging, implying the need for development of integrated theories of aging. Genetic factors affect cognition, while physiology and speed depend on environmental factors. The Minnesota Twin Study of Adult Development and Aging, in conjunction with a model of functional age based on physiological and cognitive parameters, provides an accurate measure of chronological age.
Publication Name: The Journals of Gerontology, Series B
Pharmacy benefit managers are increasingly selling disease management services to employers and health plans, a necessary move in a market which has seen the emergence of managed care render pharmaceutical services disposable commodities. Disease management is defined in distinct ways by disparate interests; the widest definition assumes the integration of all necessary forms of patient care.
Publication Name: Hospitals & Health Networks
Subject: Health care industry
The joys of living alone
Individuals who live their lives in solitude may not only find happiness and satisfaction in their existence, but get the chance to relish the pleasure of freedom, as well. Unlike married couples, single people do not endure emotional and physical stresses associated with family problems.
Publication Name: New Choices: Living Even Better After 50
- Abstracts: Genetic and environmental influences on social support: the Swedish adoption/twin study of aging. Functional capacity and living arrangements of unmarried elderly persons
- Abstracts: Minor and subsyndromal depression: functional disability worth treating. Bilateral internuclear ophthalmoplegia: an initial presenting sign of giant cell arteritis
- Abstracts: Minor and subsyndromal depression: functional disability worth treating. part 2 Psychotropic medication withdrawal and a home-based exercise program to prevent falls: a randomized, controlled trial
- Abstracts: Feminism and critical educational gerontology: An agenda for good practice. How good a retiree are you - or will you be?
- Abstracts: Rules, regs and red tape: your finance questions answered. It's Not What You Say, But the Way that You Say It