Feast as a dog's dinner
The UK Arts in Schools project proposes that generic arts comprise a part of the school curriculum, and this concept is attractive on grounds of economy both of money and of staff. Some local education authorities have replaced inspectors of separate arts such as music and art by a single arts inspector. The concept is however unclear, possibly a reason for its survival. Advocates say a general artistic understanding can be developed by any art form, single or in combination. It is argued that very different arts such as playing music and painting all involve similar processes of creation.
Publication Name: Times Higher Education Supplement
Judging event covariation: effects of age and memory demand
Young adults are more accurate at event covariation judgement compared to older adults. A reduction in memory for the frequency of event combinations and more frequent use of simple judgement strategies are the primary reason for the difference in accuracy. The dependence on less efficient judgement strategies is due to a decrease in demand for cognitive resources while acquiring and integrating covariation information. Event covariation is necessary in human cognition areas such as learning, implicit personality theories, and attribution.
Publication Name: The Journals of Gerontology, Series B
Partnering in the 90s to expand markets
Scott's Composting Farm Inc. has forged an alliance with Gro-Bark Ontario Ltd. to form Gro-Bark Organics Inc. and expand into new markets. Composted bark and the compost produced on site are mixed with sphagnum peat moss to make custom blends for the container industry. The blending operations provide the advantage of faster delivery scheduling and a greater diversity of ingredients. The partnership has given both companies a greater opportunity for growth.
Publication Name: BioCycle
Subject: Environmental services industry
- Abstracts: Rising from a chair: effects of age and functional ability on performance biomechanics
- Abstracts: The rate of decline in function in Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Effect of age and pathology on left ventricular diastolic function: the diagnostic yield of Doppler echocardiography
- Abstracts: Is this retirement at its best? The best decade. 10 best places to snorkel
- Abstracts: Temporal discounting in choice between delayed rewards: the role of age and income. Post-Franco modernism
- Abstracts: Muted lives: older battered women. The Registration Question