Six sets of individuals who choose their homes with care, and with an eye toward the potential investment value of those homes are highlighted. One couple, both familiar with real estate, bought a home because the developer who built it has a reputation for building homes which appreciate in value. A retired couple bought in a winter and summer resort area, which they feel assures them of a continually rising market value. A single man fell in love with, and bought, an old home which is a historical landmark, and which he is rennovating. Another couple who could not afford their dream home practiced patience which eventually paid off for them. A transferred couple found a highly recommended suburb, and then looked for a home, while another transferred couple could not find a suburban house to fit their pocketbook, and instead settled for a metropolitan townhouse. All of these people have seen their purchases increase in value since they have bought their homes.
Publication Name: Money
Wanted: Readers Eighteen-Thirty-Four, Affluent
Newspaper readership among the post World War II generation has not increased. The philosophy was that as young adults aged and acquired responsibility, they would need to read the newspaper. Young adults have proven to be infrequent newspaper readers. Newspapers and advertisers are changing their formats to attract affluent young adults. Graphics is a major medium. Another is special interest sections.
Publication Name: Madison Avenue
Four Approaches to Implementing Office Automation
There are four approaches to planning and developing office automation. They are ad hoc, structured, pilot, and prototype. A responsible party must be designated to plan and develop office automation. This may be an individual, department or a committee. The four approaches are discussed.
Publication Name: National Productivity Review
- Abstracts: Going for gold. Art and antiques: buying the best you can afford
- Abstracts: GAO: Security clearance backlog hinders defense contractors . Lockheed: Profits soar problem addressed in defense programs
- Abstracts: Paper runs out of puff. Waste's paper merger
- Abstracts: Searching for a lens. Searching for executive leadership in biotechnology. Pricing U.S. North Atlantic Bluefin Tuna and Implications for Management
- Abstracts: Sales call: American Health flexes its muscles to attract readers and advertisers