Technology failure's stark reality
Company executives need to examine many issues before purchasing information technology (IT) systems. They should set specific expectations and weigh systems' capabilities, limitations, and costs. Executives planning mergers should determine if their business operations are compatible. Hiring capable technology professionals also helps companies build versatile IT systems.
Publication Name: Treasury & Risk Management
DHS launching effort for interoperable communications
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be launching a new office to promote interoperable communications among emergency first responders. The Office of Interoperability and Compatibility (OIC) will help the state and local public safety practitioners to improve communications interoperability and will oversee various public interoperability programs.
Publication Name: Defense Today
- Abstracts: Tracking the communications technology EXPLOSION. A New Beginning for Electronically-Saturated Metro Areas
- Abstracts: EBDI: the standards are coming. SETing standards for Internet commerce. Are private sector standards enough? An example from public sector hospitals in New Zealand
- Abstracts: Land of the setting sun? Site uncertainty, allocation uncertainty, and superfund liability valuation. Contaminated land: keep out?
- Abstracts: Talking tax. Negotiating skills: talking your way to success. Talking business
- Abstracts: Comparing the Hispanic and non-Hispanic markets: how different are they? part 2 Taming the risks in emerging markets