Report on quality changes for 1999 model vehicles
Quality changes averaged $13.49 for the 1999 models of a sample of 16 domestic passenger cars, or a retail equivalent of $15.50, representing 12.3% of the average annual increase in producers' prices and about 10% of the average annual increase in manufacturers' suggested list prices. For a sample of 15 domestic light trucks, quality changes for the 1999 models averaged $408.52, or a retail equivalent of $484.86. These changes accounted for 95% of the average annual increase in producers' prices and 98.6% of the average annual increase in manufacturers' suggested list prices.
Publication Name: CPI Detailed Report
Three Gorges Dam, China's largest hydropower project and the largest worldwide, carries both positive and negative implications. The project is China's largest construction project since the Great Wall and is expected to cost between $30-$75 billion dollars and the project's debt is expected to be repaid by 2012. The project is on schedule and on budget.
Publication Name: Asian Review of Business and Technology
Botha Changes the Landscape
South African white voters approved a change in fall 1983 which gave a subordinate form of parliamentary representation to mixed-blood and Indian minorities. Blacks were denied voting rights. The policies of prime minister P. W. Botha are reviewed.
Publication Name: Economist
- Abstracts: Utility sponsored foreign economic development offices and consultants. Enhancing international business development through an international trade and investment summit
- Abstracts: An error correction approach to modelling money balances and reserves. A neutral network and econometric comparison of the relative importance of fiscal and monetary actions
- Abstracts: Rationality and the LeChatelier principle. The spirit of capitalism and savings behavior
- Abstracts: International currency experience: new lessons and lessons relearned. Rational Expectations and the Volatility of Floating Exchange Rates
- Abstracts: Redistribution as a selection device. New product introduction with costly search