Assertiveness involves self-confidence and consideration of others in negotiating for a desired outcome. Assertive people listen to opposing viewpoints, state their case and work out a compromise solution. Body language and mannerisms contribute to effective interaction.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
Rhymes, activities, finger puppet plays and art projects that help children from one to five years to explore their tactile abilities and build language skills and coordination are presented. A recipe for making thumbprint cookies is included.
Publication Name: Parenting
Subject: Family and marriage
A table is presented of all available courses at universities in the UK following the release of Advanced Level examination results in August 1998.
Publication Name: The Independent
Subject: Retail industry
- Abstracts: A growing concern. Horticultural visionary for a budding nation
- Abstracts: The main grain. Who we are
- Abstracts: Bargain hunting. Wendy's world
- Abstracts: An American tragedy. Words for the wind
- Abstracts: Waste watchers. Not your mother's meatloaf: when all the drama of democracy gets played out in ground meat