How much is enough?
Studies indicate that physicians tend to donate more money to charitable causes than do other individuals and groups despite a 'stingy' stereotype. For example, a survey of 1,400 community hospitals nationwide found that physicians and medical staffs were the second largest donors to their own institutions. Another study indicates that physicians donated $72.60 per capita to the United Way in 1991 compared to the average donation of $43.93 per capita.
Publication Name: American Medical News
Doctors can do much to help abused women who come to see them. They can ask the woman if anyone has ever hit her or harmed her. They can document her responses as well as any injuries she has. They should tell her of the services available to her and encourage her to use them. She may require security guards to accompany her to a shelter for abused women.
Publication Name: The New England Journal of Medicine
Is there too much sex and violence on TV?
The Glamour magazine's June 1997 survey on the quality of television programs reveal that 82% of the women expressed concern regarding excessive violence on television. 66 percent believe that the current programs are sexually explicit.
Publication Name: Glamour
- Abstracts: Surround sound. Deep silence. The power of silence
- Abstracts: Home challenge. Hepatitis B and the police force. The challenge of hepatitis C in the HIV-infected person
- Abstracts: For the love of Brian. Love at first glide. Why women love men
- Abstracts: Legistrothanatry: a new speciality for assisting in death. Fiesta of death. Near-death experiences: being supportive can help
- Abstracts: Sex, lives and education. Gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents: providing esteem-enhancing care to a battered population