Antitrust; joint collaboration guidelines
The draft Antitrust Guidelines for Collaborations Among Competitors issued by the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice's Antitrust Division in response to calls for more clarity in the antitrust analysis of joint ventures are discussed. The guidelines were issued in late 1999.
Publication Name: The National Law Journal
The new "unintentional" revival rules: panacea or pitfall?
The burdens placed by the Patent and Trademark Office on applicants trying to revive their unintentionally abandoned applications are discussed. The author also addresses why the agency should be helping rather than hindering these applicants.
Publication Name: Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society
An essay on independence of the judiciary: independence from what and why
The author discusses why an independent judiciary is important in a constitutional society. He suggests ways to promote and maintain public confidence in the judiciary.
Publication Name: New York University Annual Survey of American Law
- Abstracts: Avoiding the "nature-purpose" distinction: redefining an international commercial act of state. The United States' approach to international civil litigation: recent developments in forum selection
- Abstracts: Evaluating international ethical climates: a goal programming model. Non-governmental organizations, shareholder activism, and socially responsible investments: ethical, strategic, and governance implications
- Abstracts: While New Yorkers sink, Arizonans swim. Beyond and below the new urbanism: citizen participation and responsive spatial reconstruction
- Abstracts: The definition of voting stock and the computation of voting power under Sections 368(c) and 1504(a): recent developments and tax lore
- Abstracts: A pragmatic approach to Chevron. Allocation among self-insured, uninsured, and underinsured periods. Democracy, taxes, and wealth