Getting Ready for the "Big One"
Earthquakes are felt nearly everywhere on earth. In 1983, quakes were reported in four states. Businesses affected by earthquakes generally are in chaos because of unpreparedness. San Jose Hospital was rattled by an earthquake in May 1983. This led hospital administrators to review their disaster plan. A five-step disaster preparedness plan was formulated. The phases include planning, training, drills critique and completion. After the mock disaster drill, the hospital saw the need to upgrade emergency equipment and relocate food, water and medical supplies.
Publication Name: Security Management
Successfully getting into advanced underwriting
Advanced underwriting works best in a team structure with complementary specialists. It requires more networking and patience than less sophisticated topics. It will be increasingly important and valuable over the next two decades as an unprecedented amount of wealth changes hands and the baby boomer generation ages. Specific approaches for the experienced and relative neophytes are discussed, with special attention to prospecting and teamwork.
Publication Name: Journal of the American Society of CLU & ChFC
Getting started hasn't been easy: Scotland tries ADR
Scotland's acculturation of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is too limited to draw many conclusions of ADR's success in that country. Still, ADR undoubtedly would become an important tool in Scotland with sufficient marketing and publicity. A greater acceptance of ADR would certainly garner benefits to disputing parties.
Publication Name: Dispute Resolution Journal
- Abstracts: Drug testing and the right to privacy: arguing the ethics of workplace drug testing. Ethics in the workplace: an effective tool to combat employee theft
- Abstracts: Police discretion and the quality of life in public places: courts, communities, and the new policing. Corporatism and self-regulation in the Dutch (agricultural) economy: Statutory trade organizations: Law and practice since 1930
- Abstracts: Police discretion and the quality of life in public places: courts, communities, and the new policing. part 2 Policing for profit: the drug war's hidden economic agenda
- Abstracts: Assisted reproduction and the frustration of genetic affinity: interest, injury, and damages
- Abstracts: The right to treatment for involuntarily committed sex offenders. IRS releases list of no ruling areas