Neues aus der schweizerischen Gesetzgebung zur internationalen und nationalen Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit
A new draft containing entirely new rules with respect to domestic arbitration, was submitted to the parliament by the Federal Code of Civil Procedure (FCCP), which aims to enhance the beauty of Switzerland by increased flexibility and greater part autonomy. It is revealed that the draft does not contain any provisions on ex-parte interim measures, suggesting that the Swiss legislator should have set some basic rules with respect to the parties' rights, especially for an issue as delicate as this.
Publication Name: ASA Bulletin
Surveillance in employment: the case of teleworking
A study was conducted to investigate whether teleworking, which is defined as the use of information and communications technnologies to shift the workplace from a traditional office to the home, may be a target for surveillance in employment. The study concluded that there is a possibility for surveillance to exist in teleworking. The fear of such monitoring may be cause for teleworkers, employers of teleworkers and trade unions to turn against this mode of employment.
Publication Name: Journal of Business Ethics
Cross-national comparisons of crime rates in four countries, 1981-1999
Study is presented which aims to compare changes in crime rates over time in different countries such as England and Wales, Switzerland, Netherlands and America and to assess the plausibility of some explanation of these changes. These analyses might aim to explain not only crime trends over time but also differences between countries in levels of crime.
Publication Name: Crime & Justice (Chicago, Ill)
- Abstracts: New York Court of Appeals adds new wrinkle to international taxation of estates. International trade legislation modifies taxation of some partnership distributions
- Abstracts: The Global Environment Facility: a new development in international law and organization. The vexatiousness of a vexation rule: international comity and antisuit injunctions
- Abstracts: A proposal for the international intellectual property protection of computer software. International practitioners confront a changing world
- Abstracts: Executive Order 12,630: a President's manipulation of the Fifth Amendment's just compensation clause to achieve control over executive agency regulatory decisionmaking. part 2
- Abstracts: Tackling eutrophication: The implications of a precautionary approach. The hiring of research and teaching staff in higher education institutions in the Russian Federation