Tackling eutrophication: The implications of a precautionary approach
The European Community established a comprehensive framework of measures to tackle eutrophication, a major water pollution problem which affected inland and coastal waters throughout the European Community. The Community adopted Integral Pollution Prevention and Control Directive in 1996 and the Water Framework Directive in 2000 to put in place more extensive provisions that would plug the gaps within the framework. The wider implications of these cases are discussed.
Publication Name: European Environmental Law Review
The hiring of research and teaching staff in higher education institutions in the Russian Federation
An overview of the legislative framework for the hiring of research and teaching staff in higher education institutions in the Russian Federation is presented. The Russian Federation is preparing to implement to provisions of the Bologna Declaration, creating a European space for higher education, and in recent years fundamental changes have taken place in higher education within the Federation.
Publication Name: International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations
- Abstracts: The Art of Using Forecasts Effectively. The aging workforce: implications for ethical practice. Does group reasoning improve ethical reasoning?
- Abstracts: Developing a demutualization acquisition strategy for private equity firms. Equal justice for law firm partners
- Abstracts: Organizing worth its salt: the protected status of paid union organizers. Milking capitalism for all it's worth
- Abstracts: Decoding the uniform capitalization regulations applicable to manufacturers. The new "tractor lemon laws": an attempt to squeeze manufacturers draws sour benefits
- Abstracts: Change v. continuity. Proposed legislation would reposition the accounting profession. What constitutes a change in accounting method: is it merely a timing question?