Reforming French corporate governance: a return to the two-tiered board?
The structure of French corporations and the pros and cons of of the two-tiered board of director system as a means of increasing accountability to shareholders is discussed. Measures for reforming the two-tiered model are analyzed and examples of French firms with a two-tiered board structure are evaluated.
Publication Name: George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
Another trap for the unwary - transactions by investment advisors for officers and directors of publicly traded corporations
Transactions handled by investment advisers to corporate directors and corporate officers can be problematic. Ideally, investment managers should consult corporate counsel in order to clear any transactions involving officers' or directors' accounts.
Publication Name: Securities Regulation Law Journal
- Abstracts: Industrial restructuring: implications for collective bargaining. Joint dominance: mobile telecommunications in the Ukraine
- Abstracts: The San Remo Manual on international law applicable to armed conflicts at sea. Combating lawlessness in gray zone conflicts through minimum humanitarian standards
- Abstracts: The Holy See at United Nations conferences: state or church? Law among liberal states: liberal internationalism and the act of state doctrine
- Abstracts: Tax policy and feminism: competing goals and institutional choices. The international human rights of the child: do they protect the female child?
- Abstracts: Major study reveals widespread ignorance of DSE regulations. Major fine for fatal construction shock