Recordal of other interests on the Trade Marks Register
The Australian system of trademarks is undergoing radical change. The rights and duties involved in trademark registration, the proprietary nature of trademarks and the system and requirements for trademark recordal will all be revised under a proposal released Jul 24, 1992 by the Working Party to Review the Trade Marks Legislation (WP). The WP's suggestion for a single recordal process would be improved by a dual recordal system involving 'registration' of interests other than trusts and 'noting only' of interests arising from express, constructive or implied trusts.
Publication Name: Australian Business Law Review
Neural networks: here, there, and everywhere - an examination of available intellectual property protection for neural networks in Europe and the United States
Computer software-implemented neural networks are not adequately protected by US and European intellectual property laws because final weights do not easily fall into copyright or patent categories of protections. Protection is possible by enacting international patent law amendments which attribute machines' creativity to their owners or creators. Such an amendment will provide the only possible protection in the future when standardization will result in no differentiation between networks other than their final weights.
Publication Name: George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
The Israel TRIPs law: an appraisal
The author discusses Israel's Intellectual Property Laws Amendment Law 2000, which implements the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights in the country.
Publication Name: Intellectual Property Quarterly
- Abstracts: The evolution of contractually mandated arbitration. Intellectual property: arbitrating disputes in the United States
- Abstracts: Checkpoints on the conversion highway: some trouble spots in the conversion of nonprofit health care organizations to for-profit status
- Abstracts: Giving back: an examination of the philanthropic motivations, orientations and activities of large black-owned businesses
- Abstracts: The intersection of federal health information privacy and state administrative law: the protection of individual health data and workers' compensation
- Abstracts: Victim restitution will tie courts into knots. Trade marks, descriptions of origin and the internal market. Confidential commercial information and breach of fiduciary duty - the liability of third parties in knowing receipt to make restitution