Private health care
Private medical treatment has become increasingly popular but patients have less access to reparation than NHS patients should things go wrong. One of the main problems with current regulations covering private hospitals is their limitation to administrative functions and there is no legal requirement for them to have a formal complaints procedure. Proposed changes in legislation require a new, single independent body to be established to monitor the private health sector but it remains unclear what powers the body will have.
Publication Name: Which?
Subject: Consumer news and advice
Dennis Trebble looks at the product cycle
The use of the product cycle in geography is a means of giving a spatial reference to an economic theory. This model divides industrial production of a product into four stages, introduction, growth, maturity and decline. the product cycle model ignores design innovation and presumes that the product's does not evolve. Moreover, simplification moves the model farther from real life.
Publication Name: Geographical Magazine
Subject: Petroleum, energy and mining industries
Hague-Zagreb essays: vol. 3
Publication Name: Denver Journal of International Law and Policy
Subject: Political science
- Abstracts: Risk relay. Doing the right thing
- Abstracts: Can green consumerism replace environmental regulation? u a differentiated-products example. Designing environmental regulations with empirical microparameter distributions: the case of seawater intrusion
- Abstracts: This old world. Maglev on the move. Cloudy today, clearing tomorrow
- Abstracts: On the road. The future of contingent work
- Abstracts: Death of the night. Interactive Museums