Direct mail makeovers that say...read me first
Three re-designed direct mail brochures are illustrated and discussed. Zetatype's Donna Kelley and Kelly Archer re-designed Scientific Equipment Locators' brochure to make it look clean and uncluttered with a strong reading sequence that is intended to solicit equipment. Lawrence Miller, owner of Plato Picasso Midas Miller design firm, re-designed Stone Lab's summer course brochure to emphasize the social benefits while supporting the academic benefits. KNVB's Gordon Haight, Carl Van Brunt, Jim Suhre and Eric Ripp gave GPC's promotional mailer a more attention-getting format.
Publication Name: Publish
Subject: Publishing industry
Judges and public opinion
The American judicial independence is the foundation of democracy. Thus,it plays a vital role in preserving the justice system, as well as the government. Judicial independence should be coupled with judicial courage based on courageous advocacy to fight the tyrannical aspects of public opinion.
Publication Name: Current
Elian vs. Fidel
Issues are presented concerning the determination of the President of Cuba, Fidel Castro, to have the refugee Elian Gonzalez returned from the US to his father in Cuba. Fidel Castro's policy towards refugees is discussed.
Publication Name: New Perspectives Quarterly
Subject: Political science
- Abstracts: Digital object identifiers for ebooks: what are we identifying? part 2 Women's magazines go global
- Abstracts: Richard Lindner, illustrator ... Richard Lindner, painter. Experience counts ... eventually!
- Abstracts: File on the fast track. A Lid on Costs
- Abstracts: Punny business: Art Directors Club Germany. Power pickups
- Abstracts: Cultivation of Virgin territory. Trouble ahead?