The mechanics of animatronics
The most common animatronic technology is industrial pneumatics which provide a cheap and reliable small movement range. Electric motors allow good movement and are second in popularity. Motorised cams moving cables provide smooth movements simply but the mechanism is large. Hydraulics achieve life-like movement but cost can be prohibitive. Proportional pneumatics may supercede industrial pneumatics as they achieves realistic movement at the same cost. Body language representation provides a future technological challenge.
Publication Name: Leisure Management
Subject: Travel industry
Changing perspectives on retirement
Contemporary and historical literature on retirement have failed to forecast, define and explain the reasons for retirement complexity. The rise of retirement complexity is evident from the decline in labor force participation of older workers. Complexity research, which should involve firm behavior assessments, should also be integrated with existing employment studies.
Publication Name: The Journals of Gerontology, Series B
The hippocratic wars; the feisty Journal of the American Medical Association and the staid New England Journal of Medicine are battling for physician-readers through an unwitting ally: the media
JAMA and NEJM recognize that people depend upon media stories for informative health information to enhance their lifestyles. Targeting the lay public has generated TV and newspaper coverage of news reported in these journals. One benefit is increased pharmaceutical advertising pages.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
- Abstracts: A case manager's perspective. An ombudsman perspective
- Abstracts: A prospective study of posturography in normal older people. Outcomes of anesthesia and surgery in people 100 years of age and older
- Abstracts: Judging event covariation: effects of age and memory demand. Feast as a dog's dinner
- Abstracts: Out: front lawns in: perennials. Yankee go home?
- Abstracts: The glories of Alaska. Panoramic view of strange attractors