Pluralism on the bench
The Supreme Court divided treatment of television broadcasting in Denver Area Educational Telecommunications Consortium echoes the competing interests evident in the Telecommunications Act of 1996. The Act was hailed by Congress as deregulatory, but it also increases regulation designed to promote diversity in programming and regulation of content. Three camps formed in the Court in this plurality decision. The plurality concluded that some provisions restricting speech were constitutional. The two dissenting voting blocs believed either that all the provisions were constitutional or that none were.
Publication Name: Columbia Law Review
Sustainable communities save energy: our challenge is to balance energy alternatives with social and economic issues
The concept of Global Biologically Integrated Sustainable Communities is of particular interest to environmental managers because it can pave the way towards establishing ecologically sound settlements. The concept integrates social principles, science, technology, engineering and economics to create sustainable communities. It can be applied in promoting sustainable economic growth without compromising environmental ethics.
Publication Name: Agricultural Engineering
Subject: Agricultural industry
Tips on Italian cooking are presented. These include choosing the right tomatoes for making tomato sauce, knowing the different types of olive oil, cooking perfect pastas and making risotto.
Publication Name: First for Women
Subject: Business, international
- Abstracts: Five categories for learning management. Incentives on a tight budget. The satisfaction of creative thinking
- Abstracts: The benefits of biotechnology in engineering. Taking stock: agricultural biotechnology prospers as new products appear
- Abstracts: Shooting the plant that feeds you. 1993 festivals and events
- Abstracts: An amazing mulch. Surgical spirit
- Abstracts: Spot spraying. Get a job!