New EPR methods for investigating photoprocesses with paramagnetic intermediates
Significant advances have been made in time-resolved electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) methods. Detailed structural and dynamic information for a photoreactive system can be obtained. EPR is the best method for characterizing paramagnetic intermediates and products, which are key functional states. Studies of light-driven processes and photoreactions in real time are of special interest. Examples would be excited-state electron transfer reactions with transient charge-separated radical pairs having important functions.
Publication Name: Annual Review of Physical Chemistry
Pinkerton's Inc and its Chairman and CEO Thomas W. Wathen face court suits for alleged misrepresentation of financial forecasts aimed at increasing stock prices. There have been earlier indications that the company will not meet its projected goal because of a decrease in demand for security guard services and the share price decline in March. This became more evident after a further share price drop in June. Wathen states that the market situation has no bearing on the company's prospects for long-term growth.
Publication Name: The Insiders' Chronicle
Systems analysis: white collar genocide
The ramifications of systems analysis is seen as global genocide by economic means. Economic philosophers are reviewed as are international political figures.
Publication Name: Fusion
Subject: Home furnishings industry
- Abstracts: Membranes for hydrogen separation. [NiFe] and [FeFe] hydrogenases studied by advanced magnetic resonance techniques
- Abstracts: Methodologies for generating solution-phase combinatorial libraries. Coenzyme A analogues and derivatives: synthesis and applications as mechanistic probes of coenzyme A ester-utilizing enzymes
- Abstracts: Signaling recognition events with fluorescent sensors and switches. Calixarene-derived fluorescent probes
- Abstracts: Lithographic imaging techniques for the formation of nanoscopic features. Conjugated polymer-based organic solar cells
- Abstracts: Polymerizations in supercritical carbon dioxide. Occurrence of holes in ternary fluid multiphase systems of near-critical carbon dioxide and certain solutes