Warranties - Did I Agree to That?
Insight into government contract warranties is provided. The Inspection clause, the Correction of Deficiencies clause and the Inspection of Supplies and Corrections of Defects clause make up the government's defense. Warranties may be provided in a contract or implied by operation of law. The government uses two types of warranties: performance and design warranties. Factors to consider when paying for a government warranty include: cost to the government, nature of the item, enforcement and trade practice. Reviewing regulations concerning warranties in government contracts is financially important.
Publication Name: Contract Management
Subject: Construction and materials industries
Four-wheeled motorcycles, old and new
There are regretfully no bare-bones sports cars in production today. One automobile journalist had the thrill of driving a Jaguar D-type, which won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the 1950s. Ford's Indigo concept car is a modern bare-bones thriller, but it was deemed too expensive for production.
Publication Name: Car and Driver
Azalea lace bug (stephanitis pyrioides)
The azalea lace bug is found in the eastern states from Connecticut to Florida and as far west as Missouri. It leaves white stipple marks on the top of infected leaves. Its eggs hatch in May and need about two weeks to become full adults. The plant bug stethoconus japonicus preys upon it.
Publication Name: Organic Gardening
Subject: Home and garden
- Abstracts: Lead times. How is it for you? Second opinion
- Abstracts: Winners and losers in planning change. Trouble with glazing. Third parties and litigation
- Abstracts: Geometry lessons. Builder to the stars. Helping hands
- Abstracts: Marley cultivates its green shoots. Eco-audit elicits green practice. Hunt for Europe's green police
- Abstracts: New Compensation Cost Principles and Controls: Are They Reasonable? Managing inventory part II: the controls